Copyright Mike & Sheila Ralls,  1998-2010           

The aim of this site is to provide access to images of Bishop's Cleeve taken between the latter end of the 19th Century and the middle of  the 20th Century and other historic information.  The images are but a sample of a larger database of images being compiled as a computer archive of the village.  


Listed Buildings

Images of the Past
1903 Map
Village History
1883 Map




Bishop's Cleeve is a village 3 miles north of Cheltenham in Gloucestershire, England and lies at the foot of Cleeve Hill - the highest point in the Cotswolds.  Remains dating from the Iron Age and the Roman occupation have been found during recent redevelopment.  In the 8th Century, the village was granted to the nearby monastery of Cleeve by King Offa of Mercia.  In the 9th Century, the monastery and its property were granted to the Bishop of Worcester and the village became known as Bishop's Cleeve.  The village currently has some 31 listed buildings, a few dating back to the 12th and 13th Centuries.



Any comments or suggestions please e-mail: